What do I do in an emergency

If you need urgent medical advice during surgery hours, please phone the surgery on 0151 733 3224.  Please be prepared to give some information to the receptionist. If you need to see a doctor urgently for a condition that can not wait until the next surgery, when the surgery is closed please phone the surgery on 0151 733 3224 and follow the instructions.  You will be given another telephone number to ring to contact PC 24 (via 111) which provides the ‘out-of-hours’ service on behalf of Liverpool Place Integrated Care Board.  They will pass a message to the doctor on duty who may phone you to assess your problem.  You might be asked to attend the out-of-hours clinic, or receive a home visit.

Access to all out of hours services is vis NHS 111 by dialing 111.  This is a freephone number.  You can also visit the NHS website at www.nhs.uk.

111 and NHS website offer free expert health information and advice 24 hours a day.  NHS 111 can advise you whether you need to go to the nearest A&E (accident and emergency) or if there is an alternative such as visiting an NHS walk-in centre.  For deaf people and those hard of hearing, a telephone services is available on 0845 606 4647.  If English is not your preferred language, you can choose to use a confidential translation service. 

The nearest NHS walk-in centre is located at Old Swan in Old Swan Health Centre, Crystal Close, Liverpool L13 2GA (0151 247 6700).  There is also a walk-in centre in Liverpool City Centre, at 6 David Lewis Street, L1 4AP (0151 247 6500) as well as a minor injuries service based at the South Liverpool Treatment Centre (Sir Alfred Jones Memorial Hospital), in Garston - 32 Church Road, Liverpool L19 2LW (0151 295 9010).  A Children's Minor Injuries Service is available on Smithdown Road (0300 100 1004).  NHS walk-in centres provide advice and treatment for a range of minor illnesses and injuries.  Whatever the day or time, if you or someone else experiences severe chest pain, loss of blood or suspected broken bones, go to your nearest accident and emergency department (for adults at The Royal Liverpool University Hospital, or for children at Alder Hey Children's Hospital) or call 999.

Please reserve going to an Accident and Emergency Department for accidents or emergencies.  Our open access policy ensures that you can be seen by a GP on the day that you need to be seen

Surgery Image

Contact Us

Greenbank Road Surgery
1B Greenbank Road
L18 1HG
Tel: 01517333224